Whouah! A bargain at $9.99 (or 7€59) (via Michael Tsai) !
Exedore is very fast to launch, totally native and has the same look as Xcode 4.x. This is a pretty strong 0.1.1 version which includes:
- A full-featured Python text editor with syntax highlighting, code auto-completion,
- An integrated Python debugger with graphical breakpoints and a console for stepping through and debugging scripts,
- Python documentation integrated
I’ve tested some of my Python scripts and I’m impressed by this editor/debugger. This is going to be my go-to IDE for Python scripting. I’m currently using PyCharm which is a rock solid Python IDE, with lot of features (like PEP 8 live validation, support for virtualenv, etc..). But for little projects, PyCharm seems a bit overkill (and also have a small smell of Java apps…).
Exedore is in its enfancy, but it shows a lot of promises. I really hope Todd Ditchendorf will keep improving it and add features while keeping it simple and fast.
Exedore single window
Fast Python documentation access
What I would like to have for the next versions:
- possibility to set a page column guide,
- virtualenv support (I’ve tried to set a different
pythonexecutable in the project settings but I have the impression that it is not working),
- the same key bindings for step-in, step-out and continue as Xcode,
- a Xcode 5 look-and-feel (currently, it’s more a 4.x look-and-feel),
- a side window for the doc.
Overall, I strongly recommend you to try Exedore, if you’re in the Python Way of Life.